Whew! I am glad that first part is done! Between me and a couple guys, it took 4 days to get the tile torn up on the main level of our house. Bad part of the worst part? One of my barriers broke free at the ceiling meaning dust got into the living room which is where we had everything stored from the entry, kitchen, nook, and dining room. Can I get an ugh? So everything I was trying to protect had a layer of dust on it. Although, not as much as where the work happened!

Phase1,Part2

Once the tile was torn up and cleared out it was time to clean up the dust and pull or nail down the nails that had come up from the tile tear up. Back to work I went! It took me a couple days to get this part done but again I want to save on labor where I can. I also spent a day trying to get a handle on some of the dust. Then it was time to call in Dad for help!

Phase1,Part2

A little about my Dad….he goes through spurts where he updates his entire house, room by room, on what seems like a whim. I know my Mom loves it! 😉 Luckily for me, I am doing my work after one of these whims. Plus I’ve helped my Dad here and there so I think it’s time for me to call in a favor!
Now I’ve had my new floor picked out for a couple months and purchased about a month ago. Our friend, Glen, let me store it at his shop and with the weather changing we had it delivered so it could acclimate to the temperature in our house.

Phase1,Part2

A quick share of what I’ve learned about putting down laminate wood flooring. I was lucky that the floor I picked out had the pad attached. Even though that was the case we still needed to put down a moisture barrier since the flooring would be laid on the subfloor. We also picked up a laminate and wood flooring installation kit which has a tapping block, pull bar, and spacers in it. I would only get the tapping block if I had it to do again.

Phase1,Part2

Over the course of another 4 days my Dad and I installed the new floor. This too, was time consuming as we had to make a lot of cuts due to the angles of our space. In the end, I think we did a pretty good job!

Phase1,Part2

Leave a Reply